Teaching Positions Available in China
Chinese Hall of Prayer
There has never been a better time to teach in China. The industry as a whole is going through a boom and the potential for growth is unlimited. With events such as the 2008 Olympics in Beijing and the 2010 World Expo in Shanghai, Chinese people of all ages are very keen to learn English as the country continues to open up to the west. Of particular importance to the Chinese is the development of their children’s education and their English and therefore demand for lessons is high.
The majority of EFL teaching is centred in the major cities, where demand is high due to the growing middle class. However the rest of China is slowly catching up and opportunities to teach in more 'rural' areas are increasing.
Positions range from young learner teaching in public schools or private language schools through to adult only teaching positions in most major cities including Shanghai and Beijing.
- Positions in private language schools available every month throughout
- China Public school positions beginning in September
“I found the Chinese people to be very kind and generous. I had been in China before but many years ago. It is extremely safe, I think, but this time here I was very impressed with the satisfaction and pride the Chinese people have with their country”Nim Stevens, TEFL teacher in China
- RMB 5,000 - 16,000 monthly salary
- Contract completion bonuses
- Reimbursed outward and return flights
- Paid holiday
- Paid accommodation
- Regular 5 day working week
- One year renewable contracts
- Good career opportunities
- Welfare Support
- Airport pick up
- Help finding permanent accommodation
- Full work permit application
- Ongoing teacher support through regular observations and appraisals
Students and Classes
- 80%+ children's classes or adult only classes
- Both group and one-on-one classes
- All ages and levels of class from three year olds to senior business executives!
- Private or shared apartments with other teachers
- A 'Z' Visa is obtained before departure
- Process takes about 1 month
- Foreign Expert Certificate is applied for after arrival in China (1-2 weeks)
- A health check is required upon arrival in China
- Native speaker from the UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada or South Africa
- Possess a recognized degree
- Possess an EFL teaching certificate or Post Graduate Certificate in Education (or equivalent). See 'What is TEFL?'
- Teachers must have at least 2 years of post graduate work experience
The above information is a summary only. Salaries, benefits and conditions vary depending on location and positions. Please contact us for specific information on available positions.