One of Indonesia's pristine beaches
Teaching Positions available in Jakarta, Indonesia
Made up of 17,000 islands, Indonesia is ideal for those looking for adventure. With stunning beaches, jungles, volcanoes and access to some of the best scuba diving in the world, what better place is there to live and teach than the heart of Indonesia, Jakarta!
These positions are adult teaching positions with an average class size of just 3 students per class. With an emphasis on fun, classes such as wine tasting, belly dancing, debates, capoeira, NGO presentations and others are common. The schedule allows for a total of 1 month of rest and relaxation for exploring Indonesia. Excellent opportunities for professional growth and promotion.
- Limited positions available every month in Jakarta.
- Salaries starting from Rp 15,000,000/month (approx $1,750 USD)
- Airfare reimbursement
- All visa and work permit costs covered
- 16 days annual leave in addition to roughly 15 national paid holidays
- Medical insurance provided
- Year end bonus equivalent to approximately 1 month’s salary
- Teacher Excellency Training provided
- Ongoing teacher support through regular meetings with DoS
Students and Classes
- Adult students only (average age or 20 to 25 years old)
- 1hr classes six times per day
- Average class size of 3 students
- 5-day week with two consecutive days off
- Teachers obtain a work visa before going to Indonesia
- Can take up to 8 weeks and includes a medical check in home country
- Native or native equivalent English speaker holding a UK, Irish, US, CAN, OZ or NZ passport
- Have a recognized degree in Linguistics (English), English Literature, Modern Languages (English), Education (English related) or TESOL/TEFL
- Have a CELTA/Trinity Cert TESOL or equivalent EFL teaching certificate or Post Graduate Certificate in Education (or equivalent). See 'What is TEFL?'
- Teachers must have at least one year of post graduate work experience
Vietnamese river boat
Teaching Positions available throughout Vietnam
Rich in culture with a history that involves China, France, Japan and the United States, Vietnam is one of the fastest growing economies in the world right now. This is a country full of excitement, beauty and warmth, both in the weather, and its people. Positioned in the heart of South-East Asia, it's also an excellent base for exploring the region.
These positions are predominantly YL teaching positions with the possibility of adult classes as part of the schedule. New teachers will exclusively be teaching YLs (4-16 yrs). Average schedules include 80 to 100 contact teaching hours per month with highly competitive hourly pay. Excellent opportunities for professional development, career progression and saving money.
- Limited positions available every month in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Hanoi, Danang and Vung Tau.
- 18 USD to 25 USD per hour (before tax) according to previous experience and qualifications
- 16,000,000 VND (approx 750 to 800 USD) relocation allowance
- One half month's salary end of contract bonus
- One month's paid annual leave per annum
- Processing and payment of visa/work permit
- Emergency Health Insurance coverage provided
- Dedicated academic management team
- Bi monthly Teacher Development workshops
- Quarterly observations of classes
- Option to take additional qualifications - CELTYL, DELTA, etc
Students and Classes
- Young Learners (ages from 4 to 16 years old)
- All YL classes include a TA
- Maximum class size of 18 x students
- Group and private one on one classes
- Adult classes (ages from 17+) include General English, Exam Preparation (IELTS and TOEFL) and tailored programmes for corporate clients
- Criminal Background Check
- University degree certificate must be notarized and authenticated
- Health test completed in Vietnam as part of work permit application
- Native speaker from the UK, Ireland, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada or South Africa
- Have a recognized Bachelor's degree or higher
- Have a CELTA or Trinity Cert TESOL. See 'What is TEFL?'